Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 4, 2017 Writers Digest/Is It a Gift of the New Year

Is It a Gift of the New Year

clears the landscape         out of the blue          makes room for itself

touches my face      and asks to come under the covers      snuggles into the warmth

acts like it belongs           upon waking             there it is again

all new and shiny            slip it into my pocket           take it with me

later                                 upon examination                i ask myself

how will i use it      does it color all that came before          does it open new worlds

perhaps a gift of the imagination     a new direction             will it become a part of me

as new thoughts often do       new thoughts in a new year     nothing to be ignored

January 4, 2017





No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...