Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Take My Gift

 


Take My Gift

 

take my gift I give to you

bend it 

break it

tie loosely round your neck

 

it is visual

without words

colors to behold

like a ring round your finger

 

it sparkles and shines

springing rays back at you

if you listen carefully

there is a little hum

 

I don’t always know 

what is meant

sighs and symbols

keep you company all day

 

I work quietly 

in my den

a mother's cave

a sacred space

 

I hold my hand out to you

I offer you my gift

take it as your own

take my gift I give to you


Written for:  https://newwhatsgoingon.blogspot.com/

 

 

 


4 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Annell, this poem is so beautiful. I love everything about it. I especially love you working in your den, a mother's cave, a sacred space. Thank you for sharing. Our prompts go up on Wednesday morning, and the linky closes on Sunday evening. Those who post earlier get the most return visits, as often people dont go back later in the week. As the linky is closed, I shared your poem in the comments section. Our new prompt goes up tomorrow morning. I am so glad you shared this poem. It is a beauty.

Mary said...

Annell, this is such a gentle and touching poem! Thanks for writing to my prompt at What's Going On?

Check for a new prompt tomorrow/Wednesday. Hope to see you!

Susan said...

I like the visual sensual spiritual appeal of this gift, which may be a scarf but more likely is the glow of love.

Sumana Roy said...

Love the soothing tone of the poem. "it sparkles and shines / springing rays back at you / if you listen carefully / there is a little hum"...This is indeed a precious gift. Beautiful Annell.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...