Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Mother

 Mother

 

mother, a simple word

just six letters

 

“m” is for mine, meadow, meow

all the wonders of the world

wild meadow orchids

including all the colors

 

“o” ordinary, extraordinary

like the shape of a bird’s nest

a place to call home

a place to rest

 

“t” touch, tingle, tomorrow

time to feel 

shape of earth

 

“h” Henry, hobnob, 

hop skip and jump

helpless/clinging

 

“e” early, elbow, eyebrow

center of the circle

center of the world

 

“r” real, ready, regal

a little prayer for my mother

said out loud

or whispered to myself

 

my own, the one and only

MOTHER

mother

mama



Written for:  https://newwhatsgoingon.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is lovely, Annell. I love all of the beautiful things you thought of to honour your mother.

Mary said...

This is very clever, Annell. I enjoyed reading all of the things you thought of.

Susan said...

My favorite is the letter T!
Splendid and loving way to sketch a mother, your mother.

Sumana Roy said...

What a wonderful way to recognize the word Mother and all that She means. beautiful Annell. Thanks for joining us today.

Yvonne Osborne said...

I love this! A very clever take on the prompt. My favorite letter is H! Don't know why, maybe it's hobnob!

Dr. Pearl Ketover Prilik (PKP) said...

Delightful acrostic.. each image is so vivid and the ending just on point perfect.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...