Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Mountain Morning

 Mountain Morning


I have been to the mountain top

the view was far and wide

I could even see your house


I won't go today

I have work to do

I remain in the studio


quietly the morning breaks

in the shadow of the mountain

the sun rises on the other side


the day clear and inviting

come dip your toe in the water

the water rises as I step in


I am over my head

it happens more often than

I like to say


I think of you

that October morning

or was it September


That's right, it was September

September the 8th

from that day until the end


I will remember

the first day we met

you were just a boy


Written for:  https://newwhatsgoingon.blogspot.com/





5 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I can see this poem - your beloved mountain out the window, your peaceful studio, and how your thoughts go to your son, Jim, forever remembered, forever loved. A beautiful poem of remembering under the gaze of the mountain.

Mary said...

I enjoyed the progression of this poem, the reflectiveness, and the thoughtfulness, The ending is poignant.

Sumana Roy said...

Love how a ripple is created in this calmness. Poignant. A beautiful poem Annell.

Susan said...

"I am over my head . . . " One foot in the water and then you immerse yourself, o, I know that place and also the wide view including a person you love, and memory slipping in just as the sun does from the other side off the mountain. Such vivid pictures, such hopeful peace!

Truedessa said...

The mountain is there you’ve seen the view, as a reader I wonder about the climb. Thee is a backstory a precious memory.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...