Wednesday, September 6, 2023

 

tick, tick, tick


I am amazed!

I have experienced "time" all my life

and yet, today, I realized

time seems a certain way

tick, tick, tick


and yet, I have been aware

that when doing cetain things

I have said, "my...time flies"


today I was thinking about this very idea

and aware the hands of the clock seemed to fly

12:30    1:00    2:45

there was no distance between the numbers


what was I doing? you ask

I was paiting in the studio

and knew I must finish by 2:00


working as fast as I dared

I coved the surface with a coat of paint

knowing there was no way 

I coulnotd reach the finish line    in time

I stopped and penned a line



7 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

And I am so glad you did, my friend. I have missed your poems. "I am marking my time in poems." As you do with your paintings, so wonderfully.

Mary said...

So glad to see you here, Annell! Ah, we are all moving toward the finish line at our own pace, but when we are doing something we like, whether painting or writing or whatever, time DOES indeed seem to fly!

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Angell,

Time is our lifetime companion, for good and bad occasions. It's interesting how time can drag during a monotonous happening, yet passes ever so quickly when we want the hands to tick at a slower pace....a most interesting topic...

Susan said...

Yay, Annell! So glad you are observing time mid-painting---or painting mid time, times, timeliness, tick tick tick. Fun. Thank you for coming home to us!

Sumana Roy said...

I love it when I see time flying because I would never want ever to see time hang heavy. "I stopped and penned a line".....Another beautiful utilization of time.
So lovely to see you here Annell.

annell4 said...

Thank you Sherry, Mary, Eileen, Susan and Sumana, for coming. A little over a year ago,, I stopped writing, and now I hope to write again and share in the new website!!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...