Sunday, July 29, 2018

A DAY AT THE BEACH/sunday whirl wordle #362 poets united imaginary gardens with real toads

A DAY AT THE BEACH

As I sat on the staircase
And dreamed myself away
Anywhere anytime
Somewhere else…

On the Texas coast
The Gulf of Mexico
Enchantment by the sea
We did not have to travel far

Volleyball in the sand
Just a little trip
Another world
Sand on the beach

Stretched as far as you could see
Waves rolled to the shore
To crash over you and me
A large picnic basket

And a blue ice chest 
A day at the beach
What a gift it was
Take pictures of day

Memories stored deep in the heart
Would not soon fade away
The sun set in the west
A bonfire

To light up the beach
Soon it was time
To shake out the sand
Fold up the quilt
And return to our everyday 

July 29, 2018



1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I can see and feel that day at the beach. I remember watching my youngest play volleyball on the beach when we first moved here.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...