Tuesday, July 10, 2018

WHERE IS PEACE/imaginary gardens with real toads Tuesday Platform

WHERE IS PEACE

Where is peace 
On a stormy night
Bombs exploding
Lightening flashing

My heart is tender
But afraid
I feel my way with
My fingertips

Thunder crashing
I cover my ears
Water seeps 
Under the door

We were warned
Run away
Run away
But where will we go

Perhaps as long 
As we can imagine peace
Even when the world does not
We can strive for it

A quiet morning
No ill will toward anyone
Even the birds are still sleeping
No one stirs

And yet the very next moment
Everything can change
The future is unknown
Perhaps peace only comes
In the in between

July 6th, 2018

No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...