Wednesday, July 11, 2018

CITIES LARGE AND SMALL/poets united midweek motif - city

CITIES LARGE AND SMALL

Cities large and small
Gathering places
Hurry up
Places to go
People to see

Everything is by the clock
Urban sprawl
You must fly over
To see it all

I wonder 
It is no place for animals
It does not support life
It robs us of our humanity

Crazy making
Hustle bustle
Never ending
Like a great ant mound
Structure for termites

Intersections
A giant grid
Hold on
Don’t give up

The light turns red
Stay on the sidewalk
No place to roam
The sun sets on glass and steel

July 11, 2018








1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

That is how cities seem to me too, these days. When I was young, they entranced me. I had not yet realized I am a wilderness person. The sheer volume of the traffic is so daunting, getting around from place to pace when one can't keep up with the speed of everything.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...