Saturday, July 21, 2018

MY DREAMS/imaginary gardens with real toads dreams


MY DREAMS

My dreams 
Relive my days
In constant repetition
I awake exhausted 
The job incomplete

You appeared there once
In my dream of dreams
You would not look at me
Averted your eyes
Looked away
Far into the unknown

The pantry empty
The crops are all dead
The wind took the soil
Dust storms raged

Suddenly the rain began
Huge drops fell
Like bombs exploding
The dry creek bed filled

Overflowing
The great flood came again
You built a boat
And then a pyramid

Each rock you lifted
And carried many miles
You drew a heart in the sand
You sailed away

July 21, 2018




No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...