Thursday, September 28, 2017

Rise Above / Poets United midweek motif. "Rise Above"



Rise Above

i would like to say        i have someThing insightful to say         abOut “rising above”

i have been on my roof            and have had a bird’s eye view    still far from enlightenment
                         
gOne to the top of the mountain           looked down                     all things seem small

looked out the window of an airPlane              sometimes i see where i come from

sometimes only clouds             if i am told to, "rise above"          someOne is saying

get out of the “muck”               stop wallowing in it                  see the big picture                   

it is always the mountains for me          i do not have to go to the top   they are so big

and have been here a very long time    they say nothing                   compared to them

my problems are small             the sea offers this same promise           as well as the sky

September 28, 2017

           




6 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

This poem give me great joy, Annell. Why would I question a tree or a mountain or the sea? They have so much to teach me. I just need to hush in their presence.

Again, this is a lovely, lovely poem!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the perspective of the bigger picture - the vastness of sky, sea , and desert, the endurance of the timeless mountains.....your poem reminds me of a Buddhist workshop presenter who once told us when we look out of a small window at the sky, we may see only dark clouds, but with a bigger window (perspective), we see there is some blue sky after all............

Mary said...

Ah yes perhaps our problems are small. We have to put our own problems in perspective to the greater whole. That is the lesson I take from your wonderful poem.

Susan said...

Lovely how this poem circles from "should" to "have done" to knowing the big picture is always there as a "promise." Brilliant!

Sumana Roy said...

I love the vast space as solace in your poem. Just beautiful and fulfilling.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Love the message in this Annell!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...