Sunday, February 25, 2018

A PROMISE THAT SPRING IS ON THE WAY/ The Sunday Whirl, Wordle #340/ Poets United Poets Pantry



A PROMISE THAT SPRING IS ON THE WAY

Birds in the air and in my hair
Up close and personal
They whisper to me
With their honey coated songs

Birds would fly higher
If it were not for gravity
I do wonder…
How they sit on wires and are not electrified

The blood of your life
Covers the path I walk
The edges hard
My teeth on edge

You bare yourself to me
I am startled
You shake your rattles
It is the crescendo of the day

I wait for the Mexican blue bird’s passing
On that day in April
He will fill each sage brush on the mesa
A promise that spring is on the way

February 25, 2018






11 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

A fruitful expectation. Happy Sunday Annell

Much💖love

Sabra Bowers said...

Loved all the reminders of birds. Spring is indeed in the air.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So lovely, the arrival of the bluebird, and spring.

Donna@LivingFromHappiness said...

I too wait for more signs of spring...they are slow in coming, but if we look with all our senses we will notice the slightest ones.

Mary said...

Hi Annell, I think most people from PU commented on your earlier poem, but I have taken it down now, and the rest will comment this one.

indybev said...

What a lovely anticipation of Spring. We have sunshine today for the first time in a long week of waffling between drizzle and downpour. Ah, there's something about sunshine that makes Spring seem closer!

ZQ said...

Yes, and I cannot wait...
ZQ

Anonymous said...

absolutely captivating opening that just dances and wheels like the birds in their spring dances - gorgeous! Cheers

Wendy Bourke said...

This is the kind of piece - with its mesmerizing and intriguing lines - I love to wander in, for a bit. Wonderful writing!

Anonymous said...

Ah, my friend, I too am waiting for the birds, their songs, and their wings outspread,

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2010/08/06/dance-of-veils/

Thotpurge said...

Love that last stanza...beautiful

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...