Thursday, August 20, 2015

August 20, 2015 Writer's Digest/Tools of the Trade

Tools of the Trade

to collect the tools I need                  i exchange the paddle for a brush

trade the wrench for imagination        i'll need a little custard to celebrate

have no need for a robot     no need indeed           what i need is human

thoughts                        feelings                             & responses

i won't quibble about where to start              i will start at today's beginning

just where i left off yesterday                         at a glance i would say

i begin at the head            move to the heart                   and by day's end

i will have gone only so far       not nearly far enough     but it will have to do

one day in the journey          that is my life          as i go about creating a soul

August 20, 2015









2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Fabulous! "I will start at today's beginning....as I go about creating a soul." With a little custard on the side to celebrate. As good a recipe for making art as any I have ever read.

Blogoratti said...

A great day always starts off with where one stopped the previous day. A wonderful and well written piece. Greetings to you!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...