Friday, August 14, 2015

Augsut 14, 2015 Poets United Midweek Motif - Beauty/The Beauty of Patterns

The Beauty of Patterns

you say beauty is observed in patterns       patterns are created when a form is repeated

i fall in love with patterns      i see them everywhere                  i see them in the sky

not one cloud alone         but many                        some times close together

and sometimes scattered                                 cotton balls across the clearest blue


i see them across the land          looking closer                        i see them in my garden

wild and free              i see them in the grasses                            that grow in the fields

moving together in the wind                            they lean to the right and then to the left

tiger           tiger                  burning bright                  carry patterns in your fur tonight

directional patterns                          touch them with my fingers soft and shiny

                            patterns in your breath and in your heart beat

i place my hand on your chest                      feel the patterns in the rising and falling



i see the lovely patterns         on your wings        as you fly from one flower to another

you were there to witness the patterns                          created at the ending of a life

in the stillness of the moment       you saw the patterns on my cheeks traces of the tears

that ran down       the patterns created on the floor           as the tears crashed to the earth

you say it is beauty when patterns are observed             in my work i create them daily

Augest 14, 2015

Note:  Poetry is amazing, it is only in poetry, I can fly among the clouds, touch a tiger, and communicate with a butterfly.  These are only some small observations of what beauty is for me.



4 comments:

Sumana Roy said...

I like how you've traced Beauty in all the patterns around us...and there's a pleasant surprise to find Blake's tyger in its glowing beauty..." in my work i create them daily" art/poetry truly is another form through which Beauty manifests...thanks for the wonderful post...

Mary said...

I enjoyed your perspective. There is indeed beauty in patterns. I took a photo of one of my little dogs recently...sitting in the reflection of the sun hitting the blinds, and it looked as if the dog was a bit striped. I too enjoy seeing patterns & know that in your art you are constantly working with them. Patterns are everywhere...if we look!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh how lovely, Annell. I especially love the tigers carrying patterns in their fur......and that you see them everywhere - for they are everywhere, even inside our bodies, inside the tiniest cell.........fascinating. poignant, the patterns in your tears.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

i see the lovely patterns on your wings as you fly from one flower to another
you were there to witness the patterns created at the ending of a life
in the stillness of the moment

These were my favorite lines. Such a profound write :D

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...