Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 23, 2015 The Sunday Whirl/The Making of Memories

The Making of Memories

above taos mountain              hanging in the night time sky       the golden moon

a perfectly chiseled object      true to the artist's hand          the sky an inky blue black

the stars luminous                   the music stopped                 the breeze so gentle

it hardly moved the leaves      the party over                       people drifted away

can you say                    one is superior to another             when all is said and done

each one unique                       people                                  places or things

we puzzled over each               there was no winner            stains were created

wine was spilled                       it was no hollow celebration       no one was foreign

we came together                     friends and neighbors                 memories were made

August 23, 2015

Note:  Today I am not feeling too creative...but I gave it a try...and still I wasn't able to use all the words...my brain seems to be jelly?











5 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Luv it. The way one verse ending so skillfully wraps onto the other
Have a good Sunday

Much love...

vivinfrance said...

What a clever format - like a clover leaf, three in one.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

It sounds like a wonderful gathering, and I love the mental image of the moon rising up above Taos Mountain.

Mary said...

This sounds like quite a gathering! Indeed, when change knocks, welcome it! I really like that philosophy.

ZQ said...

I think I understood this...but, it was very vague.
ZQ

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...