Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 19, 2015 Poets United Midweek Motif/Silence

Silence

the sound of silence             never broken        i call your name

there is no answer                the sun rises in the morning      silently

shines all day                        the fires are raging              animals flee

the smoke hard to breath       sorrow's cry                 hard to hear

the end is written on the wind                        i listen for your coming

watch the horizon       the dust rising              the sound of silence

paints spectacular sunset                                 orange ribbons

woven round my heart      still beating            slowly the darkness

smothers the day        for the sound of silence     i keep listening

alone in my dreams          silently sleeping      angels not too far away

i call your name                there is no answer       only silence in the night


August 19, 2015        

10 comments:

X said...

I am reading on my mobile so your spacing stacks differently than on the computer screen which makes for some pretty cool pairings. Like "there is no answer in the morning the sun rises silently" Tue end being written in the wind is such a cool line as well . It is a vert touching poem. Sadness at there not being an answer

Mary said...

This takes my breath away, Annell. So often it seems there IS no answer, and that is the hard part.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Agreed with Mary.. when an answer is replaced with silence.. it is difficult to bear.
Well penned.

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So poignant, my friend. Silence can be peaceful.....but, when the heart has longings and there is no answer, it can also be so hard. I love the sun rising, and "the end is written on the wind"........and the angels nearby.

Sharp Little Pencil said...

Annell, this is stone lovely! Your phrases are all chosen with care, with attention to that Silence prompt. I particularly liked the use of "I call your name," because it's another song I love by the Beatles... seemed like there were song inspirations throughout. Thanks! Amy

Hannah said...

The fragmented way of this is very befitting of the topic...powerfully given, annell.

C.C. said...

The absence is palpable here....it is felt by the reader through your phrasing and staccato tone.

Gen Giggles said...

Silence when someone is missing can be hard to bear.

Myrna R. said...

Beautiful poem Annell. I felt the loneliness and yearning as well as the resignation.

Unknown said...

I read each as individual thoughts - very satisfying

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...