Monday, August 14, 2017

THE END OF A DREAM --dVerse

THE END OF A DREAM

awakened from a dream       sweat on my brow         you call it a dream

for me a nightmare               a knock on the door      open

hard to see who is there        a flash                           lightning strikes twice

fire explodes                         i stand on the doorstep         you are gone

August 14, 2017

Note:  As in a dream, in the beginning,  I wonder who is at the door, lightning strikes, lights the scene and it is "me," at the door and no one is home.


9 comments:

Blogoratti said...

A beautiful poem, which can be read from end to the start, as in...'You are gone, I stand on the doorstep, fire explodes...
I enjoyed reading it and your little note at the end gave it more meaning. Greetings!

De Jackson said...

Terrifying, indeed.
I always love that your poems can be read in flowing chunks, annell, creating small poems within. Such a pleasure to read, always.

Sumana Roy said...

Now...that's scary!!!

brudberg said...

What a wonderful weave you weave.. but oh so terrifying

tonispencer said...

Scary but yet, sad. the "you are gone" is touching.

Frank Hubeny said...

That separation I can see as one person's dream and the other person's nightmare.

Victoria said...

Oh those unwanted returns in the night that conflict with long ago memories.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yikes, an alarming dream.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

A nightmare indeed.
Anna :o]

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...