Tuesday, December 12, 2017

dVerse/ My Work Is Made Up of Straight Lines and You Know How Hard It Is To Draw A Straight Line

My Work Is Made Up of Straight Lines and You Know How Hard It Is To Draw A Straight Line


At the beginning of each day                I am self-conscious      of each brush stroke

The brush wobbles                               a straight line is impossible       I continue

I begin to relax                         confidence sneaks in                the straight line comes easy

I am no longer aware of myself            it is as if “I” have left the room      no longer in the way

I have found my groove                       when I paint                 I construct the painting

Build it from the ground up                 layer upon layer           the straight lines                     

join to create shapes                 sometimes the shapes join other shapes        make new shapes

when I finish    it all looks like it is carefully planned               my self-consciousness doesn’t show


December 12, 2017                                                                            

11 comments:

lillianthehomepoet.wordpress.com said...

LOVE this description of your creative process in painting! Most especially love the ending...! :) So glad you participated. I'm thinking I need to go back to your site and see if there's any paintings of yours! I'd forgotten your a painter with brushes as well as with words :) Glad you participated in the prompt!

lillianthehomepoet.wordpress.com said...

Oh my goodness! I just looked at your site with your paintings....photos of you in the studio. Your work is amazing! And it also sheds light on the "form" of your poetry. Both -- beautiful. You are so very talented!!!

Jane Dougherty said...

Everything connects. I didn't know you were a painter. It doesn't seem fair, having two talents :)

Glenn Buttkus said...

From my first visit to your site eons ago, I picked up on your Artist vibe, It permeates all your creativity, including poetry. I guess these days, since I no longer appear on stage, my photography is my latest vibe. I am starting to get used to the form much of your poetics take--and it propels me along, adding motion to the words, and implications to the spaces between

Frank Hubeny said...

I like the title. It seems that the self-conscious straight line is what is especially hard to do.

De Jackson said...

Annell, I simply LOVE this. Your title is FANTASTIC. I think this may be a favorite of yours, for me. Just wonderful.

Grace said...

That's good and feels amazing when you are confident about yourself and your project.

X said...

I was actually just talking to another friend about this yesterday. How at times it seems like in art you go beyond yourself, and it is not even you making the music, writing the poem, painting...its almost as if another takes over. And somedays it is hard to find that again. But it is almost like a meditation, to relearn how to breathe

brudberg said...

I can actually fell the focus with which you draw each line... the way you create it line by line... sometimes writing poetry can be just the same....

annell4 said...

I haven't been able to reply because my computer is misbehaving. I'm not sure if the responses will go or not.

vaiybora said...

I really like your post good blog on site,Thanks for your sharing.

ดูหนัง

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...