Wednesday, August 8, 2018

A POEM ABOUT A POEM/poets united midweek motif


A POEM ABOUT A POEM

A poem about a poem
Oh, let me see…
I stop along the road
And I wait for it to catch 
Up with me

Tell me who you are
And what business
Do you have with me
You say you are a counter
You will count the tears for me

You say you are an explorer
And you will help me see
You say you are a master
You will hold my thoughts
For me, until I am able to
Hold them for myself

You say you like to play
And you never know for sure
Exactly where you are going
You are big enough to hold
All of the thoughts unspoken

You are a good friend
And promise to always
Be there for me
To have and to hold
From this day forward
Until the end of days

August 8, 2018

No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...