Wednesday, August 15, 2018

School Daze/dVerse

School Daze

My school was old
Red brick buildings
The teachers were the same
Tall ceilings
The windows went 
All the way to the top

On warm days 
The teacher would open
Those very tall windows
The breeze would come in
And cool down the stuffy room

Which smelled of disinfectant
And eraser dust and paste
Lockers were in the back of the room
Where we would remove our coats
And place our lunch

The halls were dark
Light would stream in 
From the end of the hall
The floors polished

The play yard barren
There was some play equipment
And a tennis court
We played group games
At recess
I remember a circle
A red scarf and running

I was a good student
But someone was talking
All the time
Would interrupt my thoughts
At last, I found out it was me

August 15, 2018

No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...