Thursday, August 23, 2018

My World is a Beautiful Place/Poets United Midweek Motif -- The World is a beautiful place

My World is a Beautiful Place

My world is a beautiful place
All that I see around me
Takes my breath away
Mountains, streams

A dazzling blue New Mexico sky
A 360-degree abstraction
The labyrinth of sage brush
On the sandy soil of the mesa

Like rolling waves out to sea
The cactus adorned with spikes
Or lovely pink or yellow flowers
Everything in the desert

Has stickers or will bite you
Each has its own protection
It isn’t easy to live in the desert
As with most other things in life

You have to really want to
A striped lizard 
Might suddenly appear
Or birds of every kind

Fill the air with flight
Or they just might
Land right next to you
Each day a new canvas

The sun rises to light the splendor
Radiates through the day
Closes the day 
With colorful sunset

Red, gold, silver, purple
There is no end 
To the visual delight
That is the world 

August 23, 2018














No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...