Wednesday, June 27, 2018

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PAINTER/poets united midweek motif/ "What do you think of yourself?"

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PAINTER
Each morning the sun rises
Contradicting the idea of gravity
I enter the studio
Slip into my chair
Gather words
Organize random thoughts

I pick up yesterday’s thread and follow
As I take my place before the easel
Pathways open
Color takes on new meanings
At first, I am self-conscious

To paint a straight line impossible
Make corrections
Begin again
Slowly I pick up speed
Forget who is painting
Who is thinking
Who is seeing

I become everyone who has ever painted
Everyone who has ever struggled to express themselves
I create soul patterns with paint
Ideas come and go
Sometimes they are familiar
Like puzzle pieces that easily slip into place
The extra pieces I put into my pocket

June 27, 2018

No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...