Sunday, June 10, 2018

RAINY DAY AT THE BOOKSTORE/ The Sunday Whirligig

RAINY DAY AT THE BOOKSTORE

While waiting for the rain to stop
I run my finger along spins
Of books on shelves
Books are my friends
Some are new friends
And some are old 

I look forward until the day
We meet again
I pick you up
The read begins
The whole story
Unknown to the reader
Until the end
Finish
Final word

Last page of the book
Or last page of a life
So much happens 
In each life
From beginning
To end
You are the book
I am the reader

Your adventures are mine
And mine are yours”
I want to know the how 
Or why of you
What makes you tick
Like the clock on the mantel
A dark metal
With an angel hovering at the top
You are my lucky find
Waiting for the rain to stop

June 10, 2018

No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...