Wednesday, June 20, 2018

WHAT IS IT TO BE HUMAN/poets united midweek motif/human

WHAT IS IT TO BE HUMAN

We have elected a person
To “lead” us that
Shows us the worst of us
No, not unusual
He lies and cheats
He follows all
Self-serving endeavors
Lacks compassion
Isn’t very smart
Knows nothing of history
When things don't go as planned
Always blames someone else

Racist
Bigoted
He has a large head
Which appears to be empty
Has no heart
An empty vessel
His reign like
King George
Can I say it will be OK...
I think he will take himself down
With the weight
Of his ignorance

I’m mad
Who would use children
Hold them hostage
He thinks 
This is a good issue for him
The sun rises in the morning
To light the world
But, this is a dark time for our country

June 20, 2018





No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...