Wednesday, June 6, 2018

WHO AM I/imaginary gardens with real toads

WHO AM I

I am a gatherer of words
I fill my basket daily
Always looking for 
Associations and descriptions
To define this world 
I live in

I have been told 
I am a master of color
But what does that mean
Color like words 
Defines this world
Color is everywhere
And so sociable

Color is never
Found alone
Rather in groups
Like gangs reaching for me
I wear a cheery smile
A mask to hide
My sadness

No, mine is not greater
But it is a crack
Deep into my crust
I relate to the earth
Millions of years old
Tired and worn
And yet we both continue

I sing my song
Like the song of the whale
I am not finished
A work in progress

June 6, 2018







No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...