Wednesday, June 13, 2018

WHAT I LEARNED FROM LIFE/dVerse

WHAT I LEARNED FROM LIFE

What have I learned these many years
I suck on my eraser
Chew the covers of my books
The first lesson is 
I am not in control

Often there is nothing I can do
I stand witness
I mind my own business
I laugh at the rain

There was something about..
If you can’t say something nice
Say nothing
In the 8thgrade I served 64 detentions
I couldn’t stop talking

Treat others as you would like to be treated
This seems fair
Help those in need
I scramble through my purse
For money to share

Never cheat or lie
It gets you nowhere
The truth in whatever garb
It wears today will do

You ain’t nothing special
No better no worse
Than your fellow man
So give him a break
Life isn’t easy for him either

June 13, 2018







No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...