Monday, June 4, 2018

YOU HAVE EATEN ALL HOPE/dVerse

YOU HAVE EATEN ALL HOPE

I have given up
Lost all hope
I realize I cannot 
Change another
It is not up to me
I have tried too long

I thought at first 
There must be a misunderstanding
And if only
Corrections could be made
All would be OK

But you have convinced me
It cannot be
Perhaps there was no misunderstanding
Instead you, birds of prey
Perched high above
Fell upon the unsuspecting
And devoured it from head to toe

Still it is life
Two against one
Two more strong
Than the other
You have eaten all hope
Your tummies full
Sing your songs to each other

I will not try again
For now it is clear
There are no wrongs to right
You meant what you said
You said what you meant
There was no misunderstanding.

June 3, 2018


No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...