Friday, October 26, 2018

New Beginnings/dVerse

New Beginnings

The clock struck one and away we run
Somewhat strange for a sundial
Never heard it before
Didn’t know it could speak

The clock struck two
Just me and you
Put the kettle on
Sit for a spell

The clock struck three
One more than you and me
Take a nap
Get up for the news

The clock struck four
We sit and chat some more
I share my news
You tell me yours

The clock struck five
Man alive
In the kitchen
What shall I cook

The clock struck nine
The day ceases to be
Draw your bath
Say your prayers

Wait for morning
Begin again

October 26, 2018


6 comments:

Jilly said...

Love this! Filled with allusion. Man alive, a delightful read!

Frank Hubeny said...

A new beginning every day. I liked that reference to the sundial.

brudberg said...

I think counting the hours is good... unless it's at night and you should be asleep...

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I, too, love the new beginning every day. Mornings are a great invention. Blessed by roosters. Smiles.

lynn__ said...

Marking the hours with small but meaningful daily activities...nice nursery rhyme sound to this.

Grace said...

And so it goes, new mornings to start again.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...