Tuesday, September 4, 2018

First of September/imaginary gardens with real toads

First of September

I rush to open the window
Fresh air surrounds me
There is a tension 
Red to blue
And back again

A drop of color
Mix until blended
Apply to the canvas
Repeat

You have accepted
The new conditions
The horrible rope
The clanking chains

All comes with a price
The chimes in the garden
Whisper their song
Welcome the coming 

Of Autumn
Distance unimportant
It is the willingness of spirit
To seek the essence

Breathe deeply
One foot in the front of the other
Each in its own time
Until completion

September 1, 2018

6 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I most love the willingness of spirit to seek the essence.and ADORE the fresh air of autumn, my doors and windows are open wide till the rains come.

Anmol (HA) said...

Such colors in your verse make it vivacious. A seasonal write, which is also reflective of one's own state of mind. Well-penned.
-HA

annell4 said...

Thank you Sherry for the comment. I know I certainly feel better in the Autumn, my favorite season.

annell4 said...

Thank you Animal for your comment.

brudberg said...

Love the imagery and colors you are painting.

annell4 said...

Thank you Bjorn, for your comment.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...