Thursday, March 22, 2018

Let This Cup Pass From Me/Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads

Let This Cup Pass From Me

Let this cup pass from me
How many times have you thought this
Give it to someone else

Perhaps they have more patience
Can handle it better than I
More experienced
Sit in the rocking chair

Pull it into your lap
Stroke its hair
Rock away all afternoon
Barely a breeze
In the hot summer sun

We are all given somethings we do not want
Do we have a choice
Can we just pass the cup
Hide out all afternoon long

The sun sets in the west
Sound of drums
The music plays
A cool oasis waits

My cup full to overflowing
Dance to the rhythm
Let this cup pass from me
Maybe it is a choice to accept or drink

March 22, 2018







No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...