Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A Holiday Greeting/imaginary gardens with real toads

A Holiday Greeting

A little over the hill
She stands on the corner 
With her cardboard sign
Life has not been gentle

She is bent forward
In her attempt 
To stand straight
Walk gracefully

The light is low
Late afternoon clouds form
It will probably snow tonight
I wonder where she will sleep

I roll down my window
Offer what I have
And a holiday greeting
She returns a big smile

The air cold
The winds chill
She pulls her blanket
Tight around her 

December 4, 2018





2 comments:

KB said...

Breaks my heart when I see people living this way.

said...

This breaks my heart --- such a good poem.

I wish I could bring everyone home with me.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...