Thursday, December 13, 2018

Unique/imaginary gardens with real toads

Unique

It is so sad
When anyone hides who they are
Or thinks they should
All the things that make someone special

I wonder if he knew how special his is
From head to toe
Would he continue to play
Hide and seek?

How hurtful it must be
To find the me of me
Needs to hide
Unseen

Not good enough
A little less
Different
And that is the very thing

We should all wish to be
Come into our glory
Dressed in a lizard suit
Scales glisten

Empowering to know just who we are
Even when we don’t know where we are going
Usually we know where we have been
Unique as a fingerprint

December 13, 2018







8 comments:

Brendan said...

Yes. Let our freak lizard plumage fly!

Helen said...

Free ~~ at last. A glorious feeling.

annell4 said...

thanks for your comment, Brendan.

brudberg said...

I would love to dress in lizard...

annell4 said...

Thank you Helen.

annell4 said...

Maybe we always dress in Lizard? Thanks for your comment.

Margaret said...

unseen - that got to me.

Susie Clevenger said...

Oh the agony to have to hide who you are, to be unseen. Oh, and sign me up for that lizard outfit.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...