Thursday, December 13, 2018

Another Ordinary Morning/dVerse -- In praise of ordinary things

Another Ordinary Morning

Another ordinary morning
The sun rises in the same place
Lights the day
The wind howled all night

The morning reveals a skiff of snow
The flakes huddle together
So, few I could count them
The studio waits for me

I enter and feel the warmth
My kitten curls by the fire
My tools in their place
They wait for me

Ready to begin the day
Plans made the day before
Small paintings pinned to the wall
Reveal the hand of the painter

A lover of color
A language spoken without sound
The message revealed for you alone
The day filled with ordinary things

Taken together
Create an extraordinary life
A life of exploration
Success and failure

December 13, 2018






7 comments:

purplepeninportland.com said...

This is lovely, Annell. I admire your art and poetry. Such a great combination of talents.

tonispencer said...

Such a lovely combination of talents you have - visual and verbal art.

annell4 said...

Thanks so much Toni!

Old Egg said...

The artist is his/her own hardest critic always looking for something extra.

Marian said...

This is so wonderful, the last stanzas just so tender. My favorite lines

Small paintings pinned to the wall
Reveal the hand of the painter

So glad for this :)

Gina said...

every part of your day is just so magical from your words it describes how you treasure the beauty of simple things, thank you for participating, this was really lovely

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I know your peaceful studio, through your poems, as if i have been there. I can feel the peace, see Issa by the fire, your work waiting for you. What a wonderful thing, an ordinary day!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...