Sunday, December 23, 2018

A Woman Gives the Full Moon Names/imaginary gardens with real toads

A Woman Gives the Full Moon Names

Native tribes have names
For the full moon
To mark the passing of time
A woman could give the full moon

Names to mark the passing of her life
Beginning with the time of birth moon
Little girl moon
School begins moon

Time of the young woman moon
Time of marriage moon
Time of children moon
Time of the full woman moon

Time of old age moon
Time of death moon
The circle 
Of the moon complete

December 23, 2018

13 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Glad to be in time of full woman moon!

annell4 said...

Yes!! Thank you Kerry!!

said...

This is so flipping creative! I love "little girl moon" best and am joyfully imagining it in children's book form. :)

annell4 said...

Thank you **, I was not able to find your write? I would love to read what you wrote.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Oh I love this💜 it would be wonderful to give names to the moon 😊 so as to indicate each era of life .. 🎄❄

colleen said...

I think you've started something!

Anonymous said...

I really like this idea!

Susie Clevenger said...

Life in moon phases... Love it!

Old Egg said...

As the Moon watches us so much I am not surprised she counts womans days. I don't know who checks on man though as he seems to run wild!

Gillena Cox said...

Gorgeous moon records. Luv the circle to end

Much💜love

Vivian Zems said...

Love all these different names. She well deserves to have as many names as she likes- O! wondrous moon.

Rommy said...

I feel myself wax and wane like the moon too. It's wonderful to remember to celebrate and honor each phase.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

What a wonderful idea! We are in the time of Wise Woman Moon, time for grandmothers to arise and share their earth wisdom, ignored by the patriarchy for far too long.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...