Thursday, January 24, 2019

A Seeker of Words/imaginary gardens with real toads

A Seeker of Words

Why do you write?
Why I am just sure 
I have something to say
I may not know

But I still have something to say
Each one of us is unique
There will never be another 
Just like me…or you

Our story is unique
A little bit like someone else’s
But still since I am unique
My story must be unique

And my way to tell it
Must be unique
Never been told before
I welcome you in

Have a seat
And we will share our stories
Where to begin?
Maybe in the middle

Or maybe at the end
It hardly matters
My story is the same
I have only to tell it

I want to get it out where I can see it
Write it down,see all the mis-steps
And all the good things that have happened
I am a seeker

A seeker of words
When only the “right” word will do
Begin at the beginning
Say it all the way through

January 24, 2019

8 comments:

brudberg said...

and I think that every telling is also unique.

tonispencer said...

I want to get it out where I can see it...yes indeed. We need to see our hearts laid out on paper.

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, see it and write it. We all have a different voice and that makes for wonderful poets/ poetry. Thank you so much for writing for the prompt.

WildChild47 said...

a chronicle for the chaos (in all the glories to cherish and desolations to mourn) for life - and something about capturing the transient nature of it all helps etch it into something, to be cherished, appreciated, perhaps "duly noted" and then, left to wing itself into something else, sun or star kissed, for everything is ever changing -

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the idea of being a seeker of words, and love "tell it all the way through".

Revived Writer said...

This is true. Even if your story is similar to someone else's, each person has a different way of telling it. That's why I say that everyone can write poetry. :)

Jim said...

I liked reading this, Annell, it tells my story in a way I couldn't tell. Nice, nice. When I read this I was thinking your finding of words was likened to finding the right color blend to put on your pallet. My vocabulary? Well it does find with the two, three, four, and five letter words. From there it is hit or miss if I ever find them. They are where the lost words (things for Mary Poppins) go.
..

Margaret said...

I like the invitation in this poem and starting perhaps in the middle - or at the end - yet it is all the same story ;)

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...