Thursday, January 17, 2019

I Heard the Fog Horn on a Sunny Day/dVerse

I Heard the Fog Horn on a Sunny Day

I hold the shell to my ear
I listen
Will the sound of waves and wind
Be true

Could I find my way home
Comb the beaches
Pick up shells
Feel the sun on my shoulders

The sun bright
I cover my eyes
Memory creeps in
The little black dog

The “swimmer” dog
He would swim so far out
Only the sea gulls flying above
Marked the spot

Twelve pounds of black meat
Each day brought laughter
Gentle touches
Food from the sea

Was I really there
Or was it a dream
The sandals didn’t fit
One day you didn’t return

I heard the fog horn
On a sunny day
Humpty Dumpty fell
My world broken forever

January 17, 2019



2 comments:

Anmol (HA) said...

Oh, this hurts — the image you've crafted and the ensuing narration, both are so tender and emotive.

brudberg said...

The fog horn on a sunny day is such a fitting image for pain of something lost...

the sand in the sandals fits so well

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...