Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Heart You Gave Me/dVerse




The Heart You Gave Me

On my front door
Hung the heart you gave me
One day the heart broke apart
I’m not sure exactly how It happened

Now it lays waiting 
To be glued back to whole
The two pieces lay together
Waiting…

Like the remains of our relationship
The colors of the heart
And blue and white
Blue of the color I think of

When I think of you
And I think of you each day
Though you are far away
Heart and soul need more than glue
To make them whole

January 10, 2019



3 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

The broken heart, emblematic of the cracked relationship, is very effective. Yes, hearts need a little magic dust sometimes to repair themselves.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Heart and soul may need more than glue to hold them together, but we wish fervently that it weren't so, don't we? Give is something simple! Give us glue!

annell4 said...

Your response to my poem is beautiful! Maggie

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...