Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Sad, Sad/imaginary gardens with real toads

Sad, Sad

I speak of sadness
In whispered tones
For so many things in life
Are judged to be sad

Disappointing
A goal not reached
Perhaps set too high
Who of us is reasonable, after all

Of the three children
Which would I choose?
To be sick… 
To die

Which of my friends
Would I have go first?
Which would be the hardest blow
Whose empty chair will hurt less

And yet…
The bud that blooms in the spring
Is more beautiful than ever before
The meal more satisfying

Each minute is dear to the heart
Because of missing you
Each sunrise more inspiring
Takes my breath away

Each sunset I long to keep
And long to share
It is the beauty after all 
That reminds me of you


January 15, 2019






3 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yes, the beauty reminds us of our missing beloveds..........love and beauty reside in the same place in the heart.

Herotomost said...

All those questions with no answers and yet it still boils down to beauty and love. What a great ending stanza. Loved this!!!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is beautiful, Annell!!💜💜

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...