Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Silence in the Early Morning/imaginary gardens with real toads

Silence in the Early Morning

Surrounded by the early morning silence
So loud I cover my ears
Literally a presence
Pushing and shoving

I hold my ground
A confrontation of sorts
Hard to believe I am still here
I have walked a long way

Crossed many bridges
Entered many doorways
Unwrapped many packages
Explored what was behind

Hidden in plain view
Many days have passed
Many seasons
There is confusion on deck

Yet, I sail on
Through storms and doldrums
It seems nothing is ever perfect
The wind fills my sails

There is not time enough
Still the world stands waiting
Will I catch up
Will I arrive on time

5 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is so raw and poignant. I can feel the heaviness of morning silence and relate to the 'confrontation of sorts.' Beautifully rendered.

annell4 said...

Thanks Sanaa.

Jim said...

Nice reminiscing, Annell, a very pleasant journey. If you don't leave that sailing vehicle and go back to walking then I believe you will catch up.
..

brudberg said...

We are all sailing... wondering if the harbor will exist.

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, we sail at times without direction or where we planned to go is never reached. Mornings are always weighty for me because I had little sleep when I arrived there.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...