Sunday, November 26, 2017

2017 Chapbook Challenge November 25, 2017: Remix Poem

2017 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 2

MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL

mirror, mirror on the wall                 the wicked stepmother       began each day

asking the mirror if she was the fairest       and today                   i consult the mirror

mirror, mirror who am i…                 really                           am i who i have always been

are am i someone else                      or am i a different me           tall and slim



young not old                                    a woman                                or still a girl

who has walked through fire           broken and repaired             dying slowly

living days                                          as if they were gifts               wrapped in colorful paper

tied with a bow                                 that cannot be bought         a treasure given



the mirror gestures…                        chuckles                     it is not a question of importance

you are who you are                         no questions asked               none answered

do you think you can step out of you         become someone else          after all

all the others have been taken        you are perfectly you                        your wishes granted

November 2, 2017    


Abstracted Poem

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall II

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Asking the mirror who is the fairest
Mirror, mirror who am i…
Am I someone else

Young not old
Who has walked through fire
Livings days
Tied in a bow

The mirror gestures
You are who you are
Do you think you can step out of you
All the others have been taken



Note:  I like to look at my work, and read it across and down, and I find new meanings sometimes.  I have found I take each third line, and write it out.  Looking for the essence of the original….and I allow myself some changes as needed. 





                                   


Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...