Thursday, November 30, 2017

dVerse/A Cloud of Ash Drifts Over Bali II -- 2017 Chapbook Challenge November: Day 30 Back in the Day

A Cloud of Ash Drifts Over Bali  II
The weather report predicts
A dry and warm winter
Each day the sun rises
Each day there is no change
The trees are bare
The grasses golden
Slipping toward brown
Winter white brings transformation
Sun everyday does not a winter make
I wonder am I stranded in another land
Or is this the new normal
A warm winter seems to be without event
Report just in
Volcano erupts
Flights cancelled

Thick cloud of ash drifts over Bali


---------------------------------------------------------------


Back in The Day
Back in the day
A beach bum of sorts
My gear strapped to my back
The sun hot on my skin
Scan the beach
A sand crab hurries home
Waves come ashore
Rearrange shells at water’s edge
End of day
Wave goodbye to the gulls
Trudge down the beach
Return to the waiting boat

November  30, 2017






8 comments:

X said...

I was more of a mountain man myself.
I would strap a pack and hike out in the middle of nowhere.
Sleep against a tree.

Though I did some sailing in the summers.
That was fun! I do like the beach though. My fav
is Ft Desoto in FL.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I am just about to do that very thing. The sun is out, calling me away from my desk to the beach. Yay!

brudberg said...

The winter that's cancelled... it's so eerie.

Love mountains more than beaches, but the sea is fantastic.

Grace said...

That ash can transform a landscape...such a scary time to be there.

peterfrankiswrites.wordpress.com said...

Love the sense of yearning here - both in the winter that doesn't come, and the memories - reminded me of Romance by W. J Turner - the volcanoes, the sense of timelessness - terrific piece.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

The seasons have changed and warm winters appear as a blessing, instead of a (prophetic) warning...
It snowed here yesterday which is very early, as we usually do not see snow until late December, early January.
I worry for those in Bali.
Anna :o]

Frank Hubeny said...

Interesting that Bali's weather is more influenced by a volcano than the seasons.

Anonymous said...

I like your information which is very useful for me. Thanks.

Buy Designer Lehenga For Kids

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...