Sunday, November 19, 2017

2017 November Chapbook Challenge: Day 19/Abundance -- Poets United Poets Pantry

Abundance

my life is full                 
my needs are small                  
the weather is mild
the sun shines almost everyday    
happiness is mine           
i am blessed

as i approach                 
the road’s end                         
looking back
it hasn’t been so bad       
of course there have been bumps       
the way hasn’t always been easy

on more than one occasion       
the bridge was out 
broke a wagon wheel once
nothing that couldn’t be fixed    
my hope is the rest of the way
will be no harder than the first

i have a plan         
compass and a map
i am confident
i will reach the oasis        
before night fall
on this night
i will make wishes on shooting stars
give thanks for your presence

November 19, 2017

Note:  Today many years ago, I was born on this day, the sun was shining, it rained all day, the weather mild, the snow fell into drifts, the angels slept in, I laughed and cried, so glad to be, my adventure began……        



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Annell and hopefully many more to come,

Elizabeth

Donna@LivingFromHappiness said...

Annell this is a wonderful poem that speaks volumes to me....we have so much abundance in our lives if we but look around us....Happy Birthday!

brudberg said...

Happy birthday Annell and what a nice point to sit down and look at the road you've traveled and the paths that lies ahead....

John Buchanan said...

Happy birthday Annell, here's to many more.

indybev said...

I LOVE this, and identify with much. Happy birthday ... and happy days all year through!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Have a wonderful birthday, my friend. I didnt know it was your birthday. I love your poem, a song of thanksgiving, for certain. Happy Thanksgiving also.

Mary said...

Ah, though the way wasn't always easy, it seems you lived a rich life. Keep making those wishes...there is much time left.

Happy birthday, Annell!

Wendy Bourke said...

This is wonderful! I tend to think of life as a journey, more and more, as the years go by. You've captured many of my feelings about this, so beautifully here.

ZQ said...

That was awesome Annell.
ZQ

Sumana Roy said...

Yes, surely not harder than the first one. May it be all sunshine. Happy Birthday Annell.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Gorgeously written! Happy Birthday, Annell!💘

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Belated Happy Birthday Annell.
Your words are gentle and true - there is much to give thanks for - these outweighing the hiccups.
Anna :o]

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...