Tuesday, November 28, 2017

2017 Chapbook Challenge November: Day 29/Write a love poem - or an anti-love poem

Without You

Cold dark lonely longing
Without you
I awake and you are gone
The chamber empty
You journey to another place
Leaving me lonely
My letters returned unopened
Seal unbroken
Lost without you

--------------------------------------------------------

A Love Poem

What is a love poem                how will I know it                     if I find one

What should it look like           will it have a special form        will it be filled with words of love

Hugs and kisses                        or will it just be like other poems         just words

Woven together                       to create fine cloth                   with original patterns

I was told once                         the secret is in the fabric           the idea was

If you are the one                     who raises the sheep                 cards the wool

Weaves the cloth                      you will put sacred symbols      into the cloth

Will a love poem be like that   will it be a special treasure        hidden in the clenched fist

Or tucked into the pocket        to be found later                      what are words of love

How are you                            how was your day                    can I help you with your boots

May I prepare food for you      what would you like                 love is in the air

Makes everything better           no longer lonely                       no more longing

Love fills the empty places in your heart          safe                  and secure



Abstracted poem from, What is A Love Poem

What is a love poem
What should it look like
Hugs and kisses
Woven together

I was told once
If you are the weaver
Who weaves the cloth
Will you fill it with love

Will a love poem be like that
Will it be a special treasure
Hidden in the clenched fist
You are the poet
Will you put love into everyday words
Create a love poem

















                        

2 comments:

X said...

I think the hardest part of the first one would be receiving the letters back seal unbroken because it would feel so alone in that moment.

Is a love poem filled with hidden sacred symbols? I really like that thought and might play it out a bit in a poem. Love is a mystery and should include little things said that make sense to no one but those involved. And it is cool to look back in them and find treasures that you never really knew were there, until you look with new eyes. Maybe through the maturity of the love.

Wendy Bourke said...

I liked what you did with this challenge, particularly how you’ve constructed all three pieces differently. I sometimes find myself wondering if we pick the form and construction that our words will take – or if the words find the form. Perhaps it is a bit of both. I enjoyed all three pieces.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...