Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Hope, coffee, and Poetry/imaginary gardens with real toads


Hope, Coffee, and Poetry

Nothing more 
Nothing less
You came into the shop
Where I worked

We chatted
You took my hand
We smiled 
As we looked into each other’s eyes

I thought …a lovely man
Now isn’t that hope?
Of course, I did not know
You would be my lover

But what a nice smile
You came to see me 
We had coffee
We talked of shoes and sailing ships


You told me who you were
And I told you about me
All the pieces fit
The puzzle complete

Based on that chance meeting
You listen to my poetry
You write and read to me
My life complete

You deserve a lover
That is the same
He loves me
He loves me not

He takes away lies
Brings hope
Coffee
And poetry

November 13, 2018

"You deserve a lover who takes away the lies and brings you hope, coffee, and poetry.”
~ Frida Kahlo




5 comments:

Vivian Zems said...

This is delightful to read. I see that Ms Kahlo’s writing has
brought forth more beauty. It’s the simple things that attract us to others- not money or fame.
Indeed- I’m on the page as you. Such a lover is always welcome 😊

brudberg said...

What a lovely thing to have... coffee and poetry... sometimes it's all that you need.

Carrie Van Horn said...

So very true and beautiful Annell! I love this!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, the most beautiful love story!

Margaret said...

Love that last stanza.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...