Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Prayer/poets united midweek motif/prayer

Prayer

To whom do we pray?
As a little girl
My parents took me to church
But I guess…

Church didn’t take to me
I do find some satisfaction
In prayer
But I am not sure…

That my prayers are heard
Maybe it doesn’t matter
If they are
Perhaps it is only to be centered

Quiet
So that I can see
Things become clear
I can see all the way to the bottom

I can see who swims with me
I can see you, too
Time to sort things out
Give gratitude for all that is given me

November 21, 2018



9 comments:

Vicki said...

Interesting, I find being in nature to the best place for prayer. Nice one, Anne.

Susan said...

That swimming together is for the best praying of all.

Old Egg said...

Any form of thankfulness and hope both for yourself and others seems to be a good way to pray.

kaykuala said...

Give gratitude for all that is given me

Very powerful close annell. Many may not dwell in gratitude for what has been given but wanting more!

Hank

Sherry Blue Sky said...

My most frequent prayers are gratitude, too. I love "Give gratitude for all that is given me." Yes.

rallentanda said...

Giving thanks for what we have is the key to peace and harmony.

Sumana Roy said...

"I do find some satisfaction
In prayer"....Love the comforting lines that leads to a wonderful gratitude at the end. May be prayer is meant for this, this feeling of gratitude. Beautifully put.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Ah, wistful, wistful...

annell4 said...

Thanks for your comment, kaykuala, I tred several times to comment on your poem with the challenging words, but no luck?

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...