Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Snow-Days in November/imaginary gardens with real toads

Snow-Days in November

November is almost over
The door for its leaving
And for December’s coming
Is open

The days are colder now
But mostly the sun shines
The weather still mild
Twice we have seen

The magic of snow
The transformation of 
The landscape
Wrapped in winter white

No snowball fights with you
There was only one time
And you covered me completely
I choose my battles

And don’t enter
Into ones I can’t win
You are far too experienced
Still a boy with a powerful arm

November 27, 2018



10 comments:

Anmol (HA) said...

Oh, that winter landscape must look divine. Indeed, we must choose our battles carefully, even if it's a snow fight. I really enjoyed the atmospheric feeling here. :-)

Timoteo said...

Good idea to choose your battles wisely. Let's play Scrabble!

Margaret said...

Very sweet - I remember many a snow fight with boys when I was young...

rallentanda said...

Choose battles wisely. Preferably no battles at all. There has to be some peace at some stage in a life.

said...

I LOVE this!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

We usually dont get snow here on the Coast....sometimes a thin sprinkle, that melts right away. Your poem reminds me of Kelowna, which gets a lot of snow, and how the kids used to delight in it. Also of the snow in Port and how the dogs, even in their old age, would get all frisky and dash about in the first snow.Sigh.

Thotpurge said...

Oh that is so poignant and lovely...

Susie Clevenger said...

It has been so long since I've been in a snowball fight. I have such wonderful memories of them in Missouri growing up.

Sumana Roy said...

Beautiful winter scenes with fond remembrance...poignant too.

Khaya Ronkainen said...

A beautiful winter scenery you paint. The snowball fights, what lovely and affecting memories!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...