Thursday, November 29, 2018

In the Cold of Morning...Mourning/imaginary gardens with real toads

In the Cold of Morning…Mourning

A spell of magic broken
Darkness is banished
To hide in gloomy shadows
Dreams persist

Like patches of snow
Hiding under the sage brush
Long after all the other snow
Has melted

In clear light of morning
Like a crystal bell ringing
Across the desert
The vibrations of sound

Travel far in the desert
The sun warms the morning
And the cold heart
Also found under the sage

Still beating
Barely beating
Waiting for twilight
Waiting for your return

November 28, 2019




8 comments:

Anmol (HA) said...

I really liked how this morning breaks the spell and results in this longing and heartful rendition of waiting for that return. Also, the crystal bell and desert analogy is beautifully done.

Susan said...

The shadow under vegetation, cannot keep out the day for long---and a heart that lives warms up again too. Beautifully expressed.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is beautiful, my frind. I love th snow hiding under the sage, along with the cold heart....waiting for the loved one's return. My new favourite of yours.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

p.s. I smiled to see we both used Morning/Mourningin our poems. Great minds!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Sometimes the wait is long...too long...

annell4 said...

Thank you for your response, HA.

annell4 said...

Susan thank you for your response to my poem. I have tried three times to comment on your wonderful poem, a perfect poem for sweet memories.

annell4 said...

Sherry I tried and tried, and my comment wouldn't stick? Thank you for your comment on my poem. And I loved your poem! ❤️

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...