Thursday, November 15, 2018

If You Forget Me/imaginary gardens with real toads

If You Forget Me

Say you will
Remember for all times
All that is sweet in the world
The looks as our eyes found

Each other across a room
The touch of your hand
The warmth of your body
Next to mine

The conversations
As we sit before the fire
Hours working quietly 
Together in the studio

There really is no more
I will not forget you
Not for all times
Your breath against my cheek

But, if one day...you forget me
Over time...I will forget you
It is not a threat
But a promise my dear

November 15, 2018


11 comments:

Kim M. Russell said...

Beautiful, Annell!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Oh this is beautifully eloquent 💖 thank you so much for participating, Annell 😊

Magaly Guerrero said...

All will be well... if memory can hold on to all those little moments and feels.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I see Neruda's influence here. I doubt there will be forgetting on either side. Smiles.

Anmol (HA) said...

Ooh, it being not a threat but a promise gives me the tingles. Very well penned! :-)

rallentanda said...

I took a 'take no prisoners approach' as well:) Enjoyed your poem.

brudberg said...

There is such strength in the end... tit for tats

Old Egg said...

I like how the narrator shows that they can cope and their lost partner does not need to fret.

Susie Clevenger said...

Memories, part of them fade, but the most precious remain even though we can no longer find the one who wrote them. Beautiful

Kerry O'Connor said...

I wish I had such control over what I forget.. always been plagued with the memory of an elephant.

Margaret said...

This Nerudu style poem just bothers me as it seems so shallow... I know i must be the only one. The "I'll forget you if you forget me". But you penned it well here.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...