Sunday, November 25, 2018

"I Regret to Inform You..."/Poets United Poets Pantry -- the sunday whirl Wordle #378

“I Regret to Inform You…”


“I regret to inform you….”
So many sad-news-letters begin 
The news on TV
Should begin this way

So much of it bad
“He sailed away
Never to be heard from
His boat adrift on a foreign sea”

The ebb and flow of life
The highs and lows
The comings and goings
The finding of things unexpected

We stand on the fringe
And cheer with the crowd
Things aren’t perfect
But we are told, we are free

“I regret to inform you…”
Comes with such a sting
The words pierce the heart
Your breath catches in your throat

November 25, 2018


 Wordle #378

7 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

I agree with you. That sting introduction will do well at the start of news reports
Happy Sunday

Much🖤love

brudberg said...

A letter like this would be one that change your life...
Yet I wonder how much regret there really is in such an official letter.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

You're right. These days, every news bulletin should begin this way!

Donna@LivingFromHappiness said...

I think those are the saddest words....my heart drops whenever I hear them.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I haven't received a letter like that, but when my dad called to tell me that my mother had died, it was a "letter" forever imprinted on my heart.

Myrna R. said...

Those are indeed menacing words. We never like the information that follows.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, such polite announcement of tragedy or disaster.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...