Friday, May 17, 2019

A Picnic to Remember/Imaginary gardens with real toads

A Picnic to Remember

A best picnic remembered
Was on a rainy day
In the back of a van
Chinese left-overs

In a little white carton
Eaten with chop sticks
Probably doesn’t sound too special
But for me, memorable

Sometimes it isn’t the menu
Nor the place
Rather who you picnic with 
An old friend from way back when

I a grown woman
The VP wouldn’t have thought it right
Still a picnic to remember
On rainy days or sunny nights

May 17, 2019

3 comments:

tonispencer said...

Your picnic sounds very special. And yes, it is the company in which you spend time with!

Teresa said...

Truly company is the most important part of a picnic!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I LOVE the sound of that picnic! Chinese food with friends - what could be better?

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...