Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Sunday Whirl/ Wordle #403




A Place Where Shadows Live

I never really liked alleys very much
You don’t know who you will meet
I always think shadows live there
But there are no shadows without lights
So alleys have both

Still, it seems more shadows than light
A place to be shot
A place were tracks are hidden
A place were clues might be hidden
A place were deeds are done
A scary place
A place to hide oneself
Life in the alley

Is not a lifestyle I would like
I would try to get a permit to leave
The siren sounds in the night
A signal something has happened

Help is on the way
Within blocks
Rescue is coming
There is a shift

I have no real experience of alleys
No insight to those who live there
Alleys are simply the way between
A place where shadows live

May 12, 2019

https://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/Wordle 403

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Understand what you say about alleys being a place not to go. But, when I was young there was an alley just beyond our backyard. I would often sit quietly and watch those who passed there. Many were strangers just looking for a way to cut through and get to the next block. Some were neighbors and even friends. Moving to a different city, and watching movies, where alleys are the place where violent mayhem often takes place, I too learned it might be best to avoid them. I still prefer the alley of my younger days.

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/05/12/about-those-boulders/

Mr. Walker said...

I like your exploration of alleys. There is a big difference between urban and rural alleys, but what you said about dark and light holds for many places.

annell4 said...

Thank you Elizabeth....

annell4 said...

You are so right Mr. Walker, and I did think of that...growing up the alleys were grassy lanes, where wild flowers grew...but I guess I was talking about city alleys, scary places.

Colonialist said...

A Wordle right up your alley?

annell4 said...

Thanks for your comment, Colonialist.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...